SONAR: Intothe Depths - Review by The Nocturne

A Review -




"Okay let me start by saying that this is a GREAT game. It is original and stylish with many nice details (I love how all the text relates to the "crew" and other submarine things)... The graphics are simple vector-style, yet work beautifully with the gameplay mechanics and the glow with the trails is nice to look at. Of particular note is the water effect that distorts everything in real time! Very nice... I also love the sound which at no time is irritating or annoying and the music in particular adds a nice feel to the game as it is not boom-boom-boom but rather subtle ambient music. A good choice for this style of game! As for the gameplay, well, it's simplicity is it's strong point!

Now, there ARE a couple of niggles however... I HATE the resolution change!!! Don't do that! Just start it in full screen... I also don't like the pause at the start of levels when the name of the level comes on the screen. It's too long and can't be skipped, so either shorten the time (a lot!) or make it so that clicking skips it. I also didn't like the fact that at the end of the level I was returned to the main menu, as I would have preferred the option to continue to the next level, or at least have been returned to the level select screen...

So that's it! The good points outweigh the bad points by a great amount, and I can't recommend this game enough to anyone who is looking to play something different that isn't either a platform game or a zombie game!

Good job!"


Thanks a lot, all the suggested changes will be implemented in the coming version of the game, which should take only a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment